Sunday, May 20, 2007

Upcoming tests

There is not too much news to report. Neal has an echocardiogram tomorrow afternoon. It is basically an ultrasound of his heart to make sure the valves are working properly. At his last doctors appointment we were told he has a heart murmur. Very strange as we have never heard this before. Regardless, the test is painless and will provide an indication of how healthy his heart is. I believe Ryan has to get a CAT scan before the transplant. This will provide a "map" for the doctors on surgery day. In addition, one more blood test will be completed to ensure they are still a good match.

We are all trying to figure out what all needs to get accomplished before the surgery and how we will get it done. Luckily we have support from family and friends. I would like to thank not only Ryan and Leslie (our designated dog sitter) but also KT, Matt, the mulching team, my parents and everyone else who has helped us out the last few months either with physcial labor or emotional support. We would be lost without help!

I have tried to find a picture of these two guys together only to find I do not have one. I have many with Ryan and Leslie, Neal and Michele or Leslie and Michele. Apparently guys do not pose much together! I think Matt has one, I will try to get it up this week so you can view the two handsome guys.

Michele

ps - The neighbors are asking to hire the mulching team. Matt has come up with the perfect name.....6 guys and 4 trucks.

No comments: