Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday

Neal had some breakfast and says he is feeling much better. He is driving himself to dialysis today.

I am ready for the long weekend. Neal kept his lunch down, but not so much luck with dinner. I will update this once I talk to him today. I am not a doctor, but encouraged him to take his nausea medicine on a schedule until he is sure he only needs it as needed. Since rejecting the kidney Neal has lost 35 pounds. He has not used the best methods, but this is still great. He is going to dialysis today and tomorrow.

Unfortunately Neal did not make it out last night for Matt's birthday, but the rest of us did. As always we had a lot of fun. Good old Chubby's tables were sticky as always! I always ask myself why I go to establishments like this. First Rafters with the bugs (some of you understand) and now sticky tables. The answer....they are all close to home and have good bar food. Ryan and Leslie had an ultrasound yesterday, but forgot the pictures!! Hopefully we will see them this weekend.

Thank you for the posts. It is nice to hear from everyone.

Here is the link to Leslie's Uncles site for anyone interested. He has been battling cancer for some time now. He too has some good days and bad. He is in all of our thoughts as well.
http://www.caringbridge.org

Looks like the link is junk. Once you click it, go to visit - and type in scotttrimmer in the first box.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

glad to hear that neal is keeping some food down. hopefully his energy level will be up a bit and you guys can do something fun for the holiday weekend.

Karen said...

Hi Honey

I just got this info from Mom, I think its a great idea. We are all concerned for you and Neal and this helps knowning that you have all of our love, prayers and good wishes.

I know Neal will soon be strong enough for the transplant and you will share a long healthly live together for years to come.

God Bless your family and friends too, the strength of their love and support will and has given you all the hope and faith in mankind and the true meaning of friendship and family. I am and have always been listed as a donor and I am a true believer in this wonderful gift of love. I've always been a given and I plan on going out of this live as one too. I believe it is an honor to give life to someone if at all possible.

Take care of each other and know you are in our thoughts and daily prayers.

Gina sends her love too.

Karen

donatelife said...

Karen it is great to hear from you. I hope you and your family are well.