Sunday, February 3, 2008

Is it cold in here?

Neal is still in some pain. I do not really have anything too exciting to update, but it has been a couple of days. Thank you to those that have donated to the kidney walk. I keep having to raise our goal, so that is great! Thank you also to those that are walking.

I got to watch Connor on Friday night. We had a good time together. I went out and got some things to have at my house permenantly so he can visit more without his parents having to drag their entire house over! Ryan and Leslie stayed over for a little while when they came to pick Connor up. Unfortunately Neal was not feeling very good. His meds were so messed up, but I can already see that they are correcting slowly. The big reunion will have to wait. The dogs were better than anticipated with Connor, although one of them left me a present in the hallway. I am assuming they were marking their territory!

The joke now is that Neal took Ryan's "warm" kidney. Neal has had a fan on him constantly. Our house is already freezing since we have electric heat and it just does not work when it is really cold out. Ryan was in our house with a hat on! He has said he has been cold ever since surgery! Now many will laugh at this......but I swear after Neal had his first kidney transplant he suddenly had a pepper craving. First green peppers then red. I do not remember him eating these much before the transplant, but who knows. Let's just pray he now loves to clean, do laundry, cut the grass, and rub his wife's feet!

I believe Ryan's follow up appointment is later this week and Neal's is the 21st.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I have a fan blowing on me right now too! Cindy

Anonymous said...

i am cold. Ryan

Anonymous said...

How about fresh ground pepper?

Anonymous said...

Feet rub? Kinky

-Jim Mc