Monday, January 21, 2008

There isn't a person anywhere who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can.

I took the title quote from another blog I read. It is so true! Neal was in quite a bit of pain last night, but I believe they now have it under control. He was starting to not make sense and laugh in his sleep, but it has worn off since. He will be getting his last dose of medicine to kill off his T-cells tonight. So far he has had no reaction. Considering the last time he had it this is wonderful news. The other good news regard the cost of prescriptions. Luckily I put Neal on my insurance because they cover much better. From what I can read it will only be $270 for 3 months supply of his new medicines.

Ryan is doing good. He is going to be playing some Wii today. I think he is progressing a little slower than he anticipated, but he did not know what to anticipate. Neal has been through many major surgeries, so he know what to expect. He was a healthy man going into surgery, therefore I would assume this is a shock to his system. I am sure by the end of the week he will be in much better shape. He is getting around just fine on his own. As the guys keep saying whatever the doctors say is normal may not apply to them. For some reason, nothing is ever normal around us!

Who is out there? We like to hear comments, so please post or at least let us know you are out there. I never did figure out my counter.

I am went back to work this week until Neal comes home so anyone that is healthy can visit. He is still pretty tired, so he may doze off.

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
--Dr. Seuss

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am reading the blog on my wii on my tv. this is awesome.ryan

Anonymous said...

Ryan, if you get guitar hero let Thornton and I know. We've been rocking online a few times. Take care bud. Try not to move around too much with that Wii. Maybe you can bowl like Neal, from the recliner. Dude throws almost a 300game sitting down! ha.

Dave

Anonymous said...

Neal,
Hey bud. I'm just sitting home today celebrating MLK day by watching movies and playing with Baxter, while the wife works. I could get used to this. Anyway, I wanted to come down to see you today, but the whole Mono thing is cramping my plans. Hope to see you in the next couple weeks. I look forward to taking your money in poker when we have our party (that's if Whit108 doesn't gank it) ha. I'm ready to get the old, wise-cracking Kothe back now!

Take Care,
Dave

Anonymous said...

Marsha and I read it all the time.

-Jim Mc
aka old one leg

Anonymous said...

Hi Michele!

We read this all the time! We love keeping up to the minute with Neil and Ryan!

Cant wait til Neil is home!

Thanks to Ryan, my husband now wants a wii...:) they have had a lot of fun playing today.

Cant wait til both Ryan & Neil are fully recovered and we can all celebrate!

We are so happy things have gone so well for both guys!

In our prayers & Lots of Love,
Jill & Mike Young

Anonymous said...

I know his name is spelled Neal..sorry, i work with a Neil!!!

Love,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Here. Thanks for keeping us all up to date! It's been quite a rollercoaster ride. We are so happy everything is going well now for everyone. I'm also looking forward to seeing the old a-hole Neal back that we are all used to. I better get an invite to the poker party. I need a $20 to pay my bills.

Matt and Becky

Anonymous said...

I have been following all the updates also - it has been better than ANY novel I have ever read! Interesting plot line but I especially loved the Disney ending!Neal and Ryan glad to hear you are both doing so well. What is that song from your freshman college days "I get knocked down, but I get up again. You never gonna keep me down....." something like that (I am sure that is not an exact quote, I am famous for misquoting songs) - anyway it just came to mind. BTW Baby Connor is adorable. Love the hair. Keep the updates coming - Clara

Anonymous said...

hi neal and michelle,we read this everyday to see how everythings going.get well soon marty mac

Anonymous said...

We are here, reading every day!


Stacy

Anonymous said...

We are here too. Glad to see things are still going well. I'm here if you need me.

Love,
Suzy

Anonymous said...

Neal, Michele, Ryan, and Leslie, I will be waiting to read or hear that Neal is home. That will be the best news. Michele I have never known such a giving young woman. I am serious!
I loved your family. The day in the atrium was filled with so many emotions, but LOVE was the highest. It was a very spiritual moment for me.
You are in the prayers of many people.
Take it easy, Neal. Don't overdo.
Michele, take some time for yourself SOON!
Love,
Kathy and Harry

Anonymous said...

I would love to see you on Oprah. Cool ball hat with the hospital dress. Glad your up and about. Zach and I still praying for you and Ryan. Michele thank you for keeping the site updated.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan-your blog was forwarded to me. We are happy to hear you and Neal are doing well. You both have been in our thoughts and prayers. Best wishes in your recovery.
For those that don't know me that read this, Ryan was my mentor at Prentice Hall...its reasons like these that make him so successful at work too. Get better and come back soon.
Kim and Matt Norbuta

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cool! My kids are going to read this blog. They're very interested in the whole thing.
I'm glad to know that you're both recovering.
Ryan-we miss you at work but don't rush back. Take care of yourself.
Dave has cloned himself so no worries. It just gets a little confusing because the Dave clones have been wearing the same clothes and never seem to be in the same place at the same time.
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Ryan,
We've been thinking about you a lot and miss you here in the office! Hope all is well and you and Neal continue to feel better.
Take Care!
Corrina

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan and Neal,

I am glad to hear you are both doing well.Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Ryan, if you are at a loss for things to do on your wii, take a look at my sales meeting pictures: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2Act2zJw5YsnFA

Take care,

Andrea, one of Ryan's reps in district 5A-wesome

Anonymous said...

Balloooooons!


Carl

Anonymous said...

hey boyz, rock out with your C$$K out...



bring on guitar hero!! Its the new poker!

Ross

Anonymous said...

Ryan,

I'm so glad that you are home again. We are all proudly cheering for you here at work and making sure that you will come back happy. Congratulations on a successful operation and best wishes for a quick recovery.

Kari