Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Neal is home. The drive home during rush hour made me second guess if it was too early for him to be going home, but he made it. I am very nervous having him home as I always am his first day home. It is always a day to early in my opinion. I am not a trained nurse and do not try to be one. I will spend his first night home watching him breath for 8 hours. Now it is a challenge to keep Tippy and Luke away from him. Those of you that know our dogs realize this will be impossible. Right now I have Tippy muzzled and both of them locked out of the living room by a child's gate. We will see how long this lasts, I am guessing I will be working the rest of the week locked up in our bedroom with the dogs. We will not have to venture out again until Thursday for blood work. Hopefully that ride is smoother.

I did not really get to catch up with Ryan and Leslie. All I know is that they spent a good hour and a half with a writer from The Columbus Dispatch. The only thing that sticks out is that Leslie was not in our wedding! Neal and I will never live this down or the fact that Matt was not in our wedding. I have accepted that I will be taking crap for this the rest of my life. Perhaps Neal and I will renew our vows and have these two front and center wearing the nicest of clothes to steal our thunder. Once Neal is up to it we will have the reporter over to our house.

Thank you for all of the posts, we appreciate them.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home and Michele made it through the night! We will keep praying that each day gets better and better until this is just a bad memory. Love, Aunt Betty and Uncle Roger

Patty McHenry said...

Hello Neal & Michele. We're so happy to hear that you're home, Neal! It's nice to see all of the comments on the blog too. Please call or email us if you need to get some running done, Michele and we can visit with Neal (I'm sure Ed would like to challenge him at WII bowling too!)

Love
Patty & Ed
"Mom" & "Dad" now

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Neal!!

-Jim Mc

Teresa said...

Neal, I could not be happier for both you and Ryan, not only for the blessing of life that has been given, protected and shared both for the angels you both have in Michelle and Leslie. May God continue to take care of you both during your recoveries and always. Love to all of you...

"Aunt" Teresa, John
Kelly and Steve (Lauren, Seth and Alliyah)
Brandon, Ryan and Melissa

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home and we hope each day gets easier and you get stronger! Love to you all, Chris and Ken Lusk

Anonymous said...

We are so happy you are home and pray each day is better, we are glad we could be there to support you at the hospital and to see "the boys" together in the hospital room, what an emotional rollercoaster it has been, you all showed a lot of strength getting through it all. God will Bless all of you every day. We love you, D.and Dad

Anonymous said...

Sarah Fitch, anyone? Doesn't really matter who is in your bridal party. Don't sweat it!

Glad to hear that you are home. Get some rest and you will be Wii'ing before you know it. We have Rock Band now...hopefully we will be able to play it together soon! I am quite the awesome drummer. Who knew? I always thought I was more of a lead singer! The Schrank band will be interviewing a lead singer, maybe you can try out?

Anonymous said...

Neal and Michele, I understand the feeling of one day too soon. I am sure you will do fine though! If you have any ?'s that you want me to call Matt with, feel free to call me. 563-5734 or 457-1976. I was sure glad we were able to get him last week as we waited to talk to the doctor there.
Neal, I am so glad you are home and pray you are healing well. Take it easy!
Love,
Harry and Kathy

Unknown said...

Hope that you both were able to get some rest last night and have a busy day of relaxation planned for today.
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home bud.

Dave

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Neal is home.

Anonymous said...

oh happy day, neal is back

Anonymous said...

Sounds good guys. Glad to hear things are working out. Maybe a "less intense" Put-in-Bay trip is in order this summer! ha!

Welcome home Neal!

The Fergs

Anonymous said...

PIB sounds good.

The Lusks

Anonymous said...

I hope you slept well last night. Great to be Home! My dad goes arounds screaming "It's Great to Be Alive" all the time. Others think it is funny. Not Me Take Care Cindy

Anonymous said...

Good news to hear you are back home.
Man that Wii sounds awesome :)
We'll continue praying for all of you.
Thank you for posting the updates.

Scott, Becca & Troy Perhacs.

Anonymous said...

Hope you both are healing.

-Jim Mc