Monday, January 28, 2008

People always ask what can we do for you....

I found a local walk to raise money for the National Kidney Foundation. At this point, Neal is unsure if he will be ready, but I certainly can do it. I have named us Team McKoth on behalf of the guys. I am not exactly sure when the E was dropped from our name, but I think Dave knows. Perhaps it was when Neal was testing the Medical Center systems under his alter ego Dr. Kothe. Anyways, the walk is on March 15th at Polaris Mall. It is one mile, indoors. There are more details at http://www.kidney.org/site/310/walk.cfm?ch=310. If you want to join my team, just let me know and I will add you (I am not sure you can add yourself). If you would just like to make a donation, there is a link below. I think this was meant to be as it falls on Neal's 31st birthday. Given the year he had I think we will recelebrate his 30th birthday too. Leslie, maybe Connor can roll it in his stroller! Mom, I already signed you up!

I have never really done anything like this, unless you count selling boxes of M&Ms to raise money for who knows what in grade school. This will be much more healthy as I will not have M&Ms laying around the house for 30 days to eat. My Mom and Dad probably had to buy more boxes than my sister and I sold. Although, if the walk travels past Cinnabon and they are open....that could be a problem. Stacy, don't worry, I will not leave your sight. We do not want a lost child or I guess lost adult alert.

http://www.firstgiving.com/mckoth

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sign me up

denise

Fermented Wisdom said...

I'm confirming the date with Noelle, but I'm pretty sure you can count us both in (and probably Jack as well). That's how much I care -- I'm willing to enter a (shudder) mall.

Jim H.

Anonymous said...

You know us very well, we are there!

Mom and Mick

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jim in a mall...sorry I am going to have to miss. We have our Regional Meeting in Philly that weekend (yes, over the weekend) and I won't be home until late that day. I will walk around the Philly airport while promoting organ donation if that helps. Actually, how about I just write you a check? Count me in for the next one! Mom, please keep a watchful eye on 1L...she tends to disappear in malls...sound familiar?

S

Anonymous said...

hi neal ryan

Unknown said...

i like the new little widgit thing to keep track of your fund raising. is anyone out there interested in running the 5K?