Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sunday

Neal is doing good today. We removed his restraints while we were in the room at 9am and he was able to stretch and itch. He wrote a little bit for us. I forgot to write that yesterday when he was writing for the first time what he wanted to know was can we move the transplant up? Then he went on to say ask the doctors and Ryan. Denise and I told him one step at a time, let's get him healthy from this first. Today he wrote that he is having some pain in his stomach. His blood pressure is stable now, but still very low for him. His heart rate is still in the 110s. The other question we get from him is he wants water. Unfortunately he cannot have any. We are working real hard to get ear, nose and throat docs to talk with us. We are requesting that they clear him before removing the tube again. His tongue appears to be pretty swollen again which may be related to having to put the ventilator in. Hopefully I will hear from them by tomorrow. Today they do not intend to do anything.

I am going to try to get some people to visit Neal at 1pm this week as the family has to return to work. I really appreciate everyone that has been helping on the visits. It gives us comfort getting some sort of report.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am planning on hitting the 1pms this week when I am on campus. I'll let you know what days once I know for sure.

Stacy