Friday, October 19, 2007

2 weeks later

Neal is doing ok. He is still off the ventilator. He still needs oxygen. He failed the swallow test and was pretty upset. He will try again on Monday. Currently I am just trying to get answers and am pretty frustrated. I have never heard from Neurology and have not heard from ENT since Tuesday. I currently have signs posted all over the room for the doctors to call me. It is frustrating that no one will call me and they think it is ok to talk to him. Given the fact that he cannot talk, that does not work very well. This morning they told me they are sending him home or to rehab early next week. I am baffled.

He is still writing a little and I am getting better at lip reading. Thanks to the Whitney's for bringing some treats for the family. Neal has said no visitors as of now, I will let you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michele, if you do not have answers by Monday, I would like to know.

-Jim Mc