Saturday, June 2, 2007

Saturday

Today was a pretty quiet day. My mom, Mike, Ryan and Leslie all hung out at the hospital. Neal was doing pretty good although he STILL wants to get home. We all headed down to the cafeteria and played some Rummy. Neal had one rummy and won the game, although it was short so I did not have a chance to catch up with him. He is eating just fine. We are trying to encourage him to move around more because we do not want him to get pneumonia again. He just does not want to move.

The doctors gave Neal the ok to be discharged once his INR is above a 2.0. Currently it is 1.1. INR as I believe is a measurement of how quickly your blood clots. Because of the blood clot in his lung, he now has to be on blood thinners. Hopefully by Monday he can be released. That is part of his frustrations, he feels fine, but needs to be on an IV blood thinner until the Coumadin pills kick in.

I am not sure who noticed, but I figured out how to get a counter. The unique hits is supposed to tell us how many are reading, however Neal says IP addresses change, so it is inaccurate. I didn't think we knew that many people anyways!

I have some more thanks to give. The lawn team of Chris, Toph and Mick have done an amazing job keeping up our yard along with poop picker up Jannie Baby. Anyone that has been around me in the last 8 weeks now know, I HATE cutting the grass and I give all men a lot of credit for the job (although it does not give you a free pass to no chores in the winters). Thanks to all the other visitors and posters. Keep the posts coming.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neal and Michelle, I am so glad to hear Neal had his friends around today!! I know how much that means!! I tried to write something the other day and it would not go thru. I hope this does.
We will continue to have you both in our prayers
Harry and Kathy Young

Fermented Wisdom said...

Michele,

I think the title of the person I was talking about was personal care resource manager (pcrm). Not really sure of any other details...but you might want to ask around. If I can do anything for you guys, don't hesitate to let me know.

Jim

Anonymous said...

Cool, hopefully you'll be home soon bud! Take Care.

Lebron James

Gary said...

GOOD AFTERNOON NEAL.......HANG IN THERE ...YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS ( DOROTHY AND I THAT IS )......DID YOU GET A CHANCE TO SEE THE CAVS???...FOUR MORE GAMES......HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON......

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! This blog really does get around. Thanks Lebron, we cannot wait for the next series. If you can get us some tickets let us know!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving Neal a good laugh Lebron. Maybe Paris Hilton will say a goodbye before she goes to the slammer.

Anonymous said...

hey no problem with the lawn happy to do it. well hope to see you soon.