Friday, June 29, 2007

Friday

Neal is in dialysis this morning. I am not quite sure how long he will run since this is his third day in a row there. Yesterday he only ran for 2 hours. The doctors are going to try and do a fistulagram today to figure out what is going on with his fistula. The second site just does not want to work. We still do not know what time this is. They had to load him up with plasma last night to get his INR below 2.0 so that they could do the surgery. I have not yet heard what his levels are.

We still do not have a release date. His breathing is definitely better, but the fever still comes and goes. Yesterday he walked down to the gift shop to buy some things. He still has not gotten his private room, but his roommate is really nice. Neal is actually talking to him every once in a while! Unfortunately he will be readmitted around the 9th for his colon surgery, but hopefully we can get him out for a little while.

CHANGE OF PLANS....his INR is not going low enough, so they are going to do the fistulagram on Monday now. You know what that mean, he has to stay in the hospital all weekend and then has to stay after the procedure a couple of days to get his INR back up above 2, which seems to take 4 days. Yuck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Neal & Michele,
I just wanted you two to know that I am thinking of you. Uncle Marty sent me this address and I usually view with my e-mail in the morning. Keep fighting and keep being strong and know that I am thinking of you and you are in my prayers.
God bless & Take care!
Love, Molli Mac

Becky said...

Matt and I will definitely be down to see Neal this weekend...is there anything we can bring him that might help ease the boredom? Does Neal read? Does he have access to a DVD player or anything?
Let me know!

Becky

Anonymous said...

Neal,

Titanic, 7pm, Sunday, TBS.

Anonymous said...

Neal--rounds 15-18 of the NBA draft should be rivoting! We'll be down to visit this weekend and eat more of your candy. See ya soon buddy! Ryan