Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Back to the ER

Well, I am not sure what happened. Last night Austin, Neal and I were staining the deck. After Neal went to sleep he started to develop a fever and was having a lot of problems breathing. After arriving at work Neal called me to take him to the ER. On my way home, I called 911 and apparently Neal did as well. We were both on the same page. They arrived quickly. His oxygen saturation was around 86, which is not good. They put him on oxygen and drove him to the ER. Preliminarily the doctors are thinking pneumonia again, but we have no confirmation yet. They have already drawn lab work and taken a chest x-ray. He is going to be admitted. I will let you all know his status once we hear back from the doctors. For anyone that has seen him lately, you know he seemed to be in the best condition ever. I am not sure what brought this on.

Neal went to dialysis around 11 and will be there until about 3. We still do not know what room he will be admitted to.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay strong buddy!! I hope you have a quick recovery my friend. We've been thinking about the both of you.... and again Michele, if either of you ever need anything just give me a call.
I'm always afraid to visit you man when I'm at my folks house because of something like this. I'm still stuffed up so I never want to chance it. I think I've just developed some sort of allergy. I've always debated stopping by while driving home but decided against it for the fear of being contagious.
When all of this is over, I say we schedule a fishing trip up at one of the Great Lakes buddy!
Hope you feel better.
Ferg

Anonymous said...

We are thinking about you often. I hope they get you well soon. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Michele, if there is anything at all you need from us, please let us know. I know we aren't close and have tons going on with the boys but know that we are here for you. Even if it's just to talk. Take care of yourselves...both of you!

Marsha Mc

Anonymous said...

Keep your head up bud and take it one day at a time. Eventually it will all be over!

Lusk

Becky said...

We will be praying for you both...we will check back often for updates, and if he is going to be in for a while, let us know when he is up for visitors.

Becky

Unknown said...

You looked great this weekend. It was so nice to see you. We are thinking of you and pray that you get well soon.