Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hammer Time

On the doctor front. Ryan had his follow up with the Oncologist and all is good. His other kidney looks great. Luckily the Oncologist we were set up with is a great guy. He is very personable, which is very important with what he is dealing with. Neal will have a follow up with the transplant doc on Thursday and the Oncologist in June. Neal's meds are still not quite right. Hopefully we will get there soon. He will also have his staples out this week.

Saturday we had the McHenry's, LaPorta's, Schrank's and Kothe's over. Needless to say it was a packed house. I believe Connor provided most of the entertainment. Between the airplane rides and talking with no teeth, we entertained each other.

The transplant center has taken quite an interest in Neal's wardrobe. For anyone that has seen him, the last six months he has pretty much worn sweats or pajama pants. When Ryan had his blood draw the phlebotomist asked who he donated to. When he said Neal, the phlebotomist said, "Oh yeah at least he stopped wearing pajama pants. He now stepped it up to sweats." A couple of weeks ago our nurse told me to take him out to the mall, if he would just put real pants on. I wanted to tell her, lady I have taken him to a restraunt in pajama pants and slippers, we have no shame. Neal is just trying to set a new fashion trend. At one point in time Hammer pants were popular, right?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

All you need now is a Swatch watch to go with your Skidz bud.

Dave

Anonymous said...

I believe I have a pair of Hammer Pants that Chris tried to throw out many years ago. Not sure what I was saving them for, but I bet they'd fit Neal!

We had a great time on Saturday. Thanks for having us over!!!

S

Anonymous said...

We can beat that - Ryan went to an arts show downtown a couple of weeks after his surgery wearing his plaid pj pants. I'm sure people thought he was very 'eclectic', to put it nicely:) Saturday was a great time. I love being a part of the this family - weekly Saturday dinners at the Kothe's...I'm in (ha, ha)

Anonymous said...

well what about the girls a few years ago wearing mens underwear as shorts

Anonymous said...

Around the house I see nothing wrong with men's underwear as shorts as long as there are no marks!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you can wear the hammer pants and I can wear his survivor pants and we can start some new trends.

Anonymous said...

AROUND THE HOUSE MENS UNDERWEAR ON GIRLS SOUNDS OK BUT AS I RECALL THEY USED THEM AS REGULAR SHORTS THROUGH OUT THE DAY

Anonymous said...

You have everyone sending comments on your fashion tip line today! I just wanted to vouch for Ryan going to the art show in his pj's. It's true! One of the artists even started up a conversation about Ryan's fashion statement! What were those baggie pants called that they wore in middle school?
Patty

Anonymous said...

I still french cuff my pants when no one is looking!

Anonymous said...

Official Definition of MC Hammer Pants

Sex: Male
Type of clothing: Pants
When it was popular: Mid 80's
Description: Remember those pants in which MC Hammer wore all the time? You could jump out of an airplane and not need a parachute. They came in all sorts of colors.

Anonymous said...

http://www.inthe80s.com/

Tricia said...

Glad to hear that you are all doing well & recovery nicely. Who needs to look good when what is important is to feel good!

However, some friends have staged a few fashion interventions in my life. As a freshmen in college, I was forced to stop wearing my ugly, old pink sweatpants by my roomates. These same two friends also had a "shoe intervention" with me, deciding that my collection of Land's End Suede Mocs were entirely too manly and the probably cause for my singlehood. Could be. . .

Anonymous said...

Hope the shorts weren't jockey !!!

Anonymous said...

All you need now are some jeans to "peg"

http://www.ehow.com/how_2001590_pinch-roll-jeans.html