Sunday, October 21, 2007

I See the Light

I think Neal calmed down a little bit this afternoon. Last night his nose tube came out again. This morning, he did not want it back it again, but he was told he needs his medicine and feeding, so he agreed to let them put it back in. After the tube was in, he calmed down. He can talk, but it is quiet and raspy. We still have not heard anything from neurology, so that is tomorrows goal. I explained to him a little more of what has happened. He knows he is missing a portion of his tongue, but it is no where near as bad as they first told me. Our first report was it may need to be cut off. Now I would say he is missing about a quarter of the right side by his molars. They are assuming he will talk normally and be able to eat. Tomorrow is his next swallow test, which I anticipate he will pass. Denise (Neal's sister) and Mom were able to see what progress he has made since last weekend, so I believe they are happy. I did not mention it, but the nurses thought Denise was his wife! Some of you know this, but when I first became interested in Neal I also confused Denise for his girlfriend! I pursued him and called his house and guess who answered....Denise!

Neal is now in room 1017 Doan, right off the elevators. Visitors are welcome, although you may find him asleep. Any updates are welcome as I am returning back to work full time tomorrow. I think Stacy is working on a dog plan for the week. Thanks to Joey and Kristen for supplying me with food for the week! Again I have to thank those that are helping out, it is much appreciated. Unfortunately it has been a long year. I am hoping Neal's 31st year of life will be completely different than the 30th and we can forget about all of this!

UPDATE: Neal is in dialysis today from 7:30 until around noon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I had to fight with him all the time like a married couple (or bro & sis) does so when he was (being himself yelling at everyone) I had to tell him to be nice maybe that is why they think that because most of the time he would listen and be nice

denise