Thursday, October 25, 2007

Home sweet home

Neal should be coming home tomorrow in the early afternoon. I am going to meet him at the hospital first thing to have a few therapy sessions and then the plan is to discharge him. He is very anxious to get home and I am very excited to have him back. We will have a follow up appointment with the neurologist in a couple of weeks. I am at home working on disinfecting and laundry. I am unsure I will sleep. I am so happy he agreed to stay one more day as recommended by the doctors. His speech does not appear to be bad at all, no where near what we originally thought. If you did not know him, you would not know the difference, I am not even sure I do. Almost three weeks ago they were telling me he would not have a tongue! His diet is going to be a challenge as he needs to stick to soft foods. I plan to grocery shop after I take him to dialysis tomorrow and cook for him this weekend. I think Neal is starting to realize exactly what he has been through. From what I can gather, he does not remember most of the hospital stay. We still do not know what happened, but doctors are telling us it was an isolated incident related to blood pressure and potentially meds. I actually had a neurologist call me back tonight at 8:30. I was completely shocked. At least someone in the medical world still has a heart.

Neal I hope you realize I am not encouraging you stay to make you miserable. I would prefer the doctors and myself feel comfortable with you coming home. I think we will be there within 24 hours. I want nothing more than for you to come home, however I do want you to be safe. It has been a long year and you have been through a lot. I want this to be the last thing before the transplant.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news! You both are such amazing people. We are all in awe of your love and strength.

Love,
Stacy

Tricia said...

Oh, good! I am so glad that he has recovered so well. I know that Neal needs to be able to talk to keep up with you, Michele. The two of you really are an inspiration--it is amazing how much you have gone through, from the earliest stages of your relationship, together. I am simply awestruck at your grace and dignity in dealing with these constant set backs. I am hoping for the best for both of you! Take Care!

Anonymous said...

I'll be schooling you in Wii Tennis in no time.

Lusk

Patty McHenry said...

Have a restful weekend at home together. We're happy for you!
Patty & Ed

Anonymous said...

awesome news, guys...glad to have you back bud!

Matt and Becky