Thursday, October 11, 2007

Enjoy the good days

My sister mentioned this and boy was it right. Neal was getting frustrated this evening because he could not communicate with us. How often we take for granted the fact that we can speak, or write, breathe on our own or drink a glass of water. I bought some different things tonight in hopes that Neal can more easily communicate. It is so frustrating and sad that we cannot communicate. His go to move is a thumbs up which is wonderful. After everything he is going through we are still getting a thumbs up from him. How amazing is that! I could never be as strong as he is. I wish I did not have to find out how strong he really was this way. Hopefully in a short time this will all be behind us and our next hospital visit will be for a kidney.


Thank you to everyone that has been helping out, I could not do this without you.


I was lucky enough to hold Connor Scott McHenry tonight. He is adorable and such a good baby already. Here is a picture.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i could not agree with you more that neal is an amazing man. his strength and ability to over come is remarkable.

Fermented Wisdom said...

Hi Michele,

As always, please keep us on the "to call" list if you need anything at all -- visitors at the hospital, grocery run, household chores -- anything. Please hang in there, and tell Ryan and Les that we can't wait to introduce Jack to Connor!

Jim and Noelle

Blink said...

Hey Neal! Glad to hear that you're moving in the right direction. I'm keeping you in my thoughts. Get well soon!!!