Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Baby Steps

Neal was a little more responsive today with his eyes. We did not have to irritate him nearly as much to get him to open his eyes. He is still not responding on command with his arms and legs or focusing with his eyes, but he is moving when irritated. He had an EEG today but we do not have the results. He also had dialysis. Hopefully we will get some more response tomorrow. I started back to work today. I may be asking some favors to make sure someone is with him during every visiting hour in order to stimulate him as much as possible. Thanks to all those that have been helping so far. For those that have visited, I am no longer speaking so loud. I will update tomorrow.

4 comments:

Patty McHenry said...

Hello Michele! We're thinking of you and Neal and we have lots of people praying for his recovery. We are all getting a lesson on patience and hope each day brings a better response from Neal.
Love
Patty & Ed

Unknown said...

it is good to hear that neal was a bit more responsive today. try to be patient with the "baby steps" and keep your head up.

Anonymous said...

I'm certain I can visit Neal in the hospital a few times while you are at work. Candace and I are thinking of you both daily.

-Paul

Anonymous said...

Hi Michele - Hang in there. I know everyone is thinking of you and Neal and hope he is up and moving soon. Please let me know if you need any help with anything either at home or here with Neal.

Jen