Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Wednesday - UPDATE

I guess they are saying he has pneumonia. It sounds as though they will be putting him on IV antibiotics again. If anyone goes up there, please encourage him to walk or at least get up and sit in a chair. Maybe if we spread the nagging around I will not be the only bad guy! We do not know when he will be coming home.
UPDATE - Just got a call from him saying oral antibiotics and he may be home tomorrow. I will believe it all when I see it. I have a call in to the doctors now. Hopefully they will call me back. His INR is 2.2.

Neal's breathing seems to be getting worse by the day. Some guys from work went over a couple of times yesterday to get him walking and he did not make it far. By the time I was there, he was complaining of pain in his side. We asked for an xray, but have not yet received the results. Last night they put Neal back on oxygen. His oxygen was only at 90% saturation on room air. I do not even want to say out loud what I think it is. Hopefully it is what everyone keeps saying...he has been in bed so long. The Whitney's stopped by and brought some new reading material. His spirits are getting better.

Neal also started taking pain pills, so loopy Neal is back. He is no where near where he was last month, but he had to call me and verify his dreams were just dreams this morning. So Dave we no longer have the boat and it is not for sale and Denise, do not bring 20 people down for us to feed. Perhaps he watched Just the Ten of Us or My Big Fat Greek Wedding and read his fishing magazine before going to sleep.... who knows! At this rate I am really unsure when he is coming home. I am not comfortable caring for him if he cannot breath on his own and do not want to have to return him to OSU Med Center 2 days after bringing him home.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking good thoughts....


KT

Anonymous said...

Thinking good thoughts....


KT

Anonymous said...

Hang in there bud. One day this will all be a distant memory. Get well soon though. I need someone to catch those minnows up at Alum and brag they are catching more fish!!

Unknown said...

michele, when we were younger you had some nice exercise with jane fonda type of VHS tapes. maybe you could take those in to neal.....at least he might get a good laugh out of them.

Anonymous said...

hang in there michelle....we're all thinking great thoughts...

Unknown said...

good to hear that the INR is much better but sorry to hear that they are beginning treatment for pneumonia. hang in there guys!

Anonymous said...

NEAL MAN......I KNOW IT IS TOUGH AND MAYBE PAINFUL BUT YOU NEED TO GET UP SWING YOUR FEET AND DO A LITTLE WALKING......GO TO THE NURSES STATION AND TELL JOKES WHAT EVER IT TAKES...TURN ON ONE OF THOSE BABE SHOWS WHERE THEY ARE EXERCISING AND GET IN THE FLOW.....JUST ONE STEP AT A TIME WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE..
CAVS TOMORROW NIGHT .....

GARY

Anonymous said...

neal
you must get up and get out of your self pitty mood. I know its easy for me to say but you need to help yourself so you can get better and to make it easier on michele. When michele and I talk she upset and hates to see you in the shape you are in, You only make it harder for yourself You can be mad at me but I still love you and Austin wants to see you up and home. I can't bring him down while you are in the hospital. I am sure tippy and luke miss you to

so get out of bed and move.

denise

Patty McHenry said...

Neal & Michele,
Just a note to let you know that we're thinking of you and hoping to hear some good news soon. Keep the faith!

Love
Patty & Ed

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you both.

Neal, get well soon.

Suzy