Friday, July 4, 2008

Counting down to stardom

Wednesday night we met up with the Dispatch photographer at Ryan and Leslie's. She took a lot of photos and I think we entertained her. The guys had their arms around each other (this was a first) and we played a couple of hands of euchre....I know exciting! The article is supposed to come out on Saturday the 12th in the Life section. Ryan and Leslie are off to Costa Rica and as soon as they return we are headed to Pittsburgh for the Transplant games. Next week, Neal will be practicing for the games. It will be a jam packed weekend.

We took a ride down to Hocking Hills for the 4th. Neal, Austin and I went hiking. I think we got a little more than we intended, but we made it out. We were out for almost 4 hours and had lunch by Cedar Falls. It really was beautiful. Unfortunatly it rained the entire time back. We were soaked and of course I slipped and got all muddy. We think it was around 6 or 7 miles. Quite a workout. Austin even fell asleep on the way home.



We are now at home and Neal and Austin (age 13) are playing Wii. I am watching two, I guess I would call them boys. They are constantly making fun of one another. Although I am wondering which one is truly more mature, I am smiling watching them. Boys and men will be boys! I will have to try and get video tape of their touchdown dances!

4 comments:

Blink said...

I wondered if you went down there in the rain. The pictures look great! Heading to the Dublin fireworks tonight. See you there?

Anonymous said...

You have discovered one of the best things to do with a child...wear them out!

Anonymous said...

neal did you teach austin how to match blue, gray and orange that is your touch oh I forgot you said you are color blind or the only clothes that smelt clean. thank you for the week alone was wonderful but back to him tomorrow
dee

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the article. I will give you the copy I get.

-Jim Mc