Sunday, November 25, 2007

Wii are Thankful

Our Thanksgiving holiday was wonderful. After Thanksgiving, Neal, Austin and my arms were so soar from playing video games. Denise was smart and did not play all day. My bowling score took a severe hit. Neal claims we played for 10 hours on Thursday. I cooked a half way decent meal. We got a great surprise on Friday when my mom, Mike and Uncle Jim fought the crowds at Walmart to get us a 42" tv! Friday night everyone came over to play the wii on the new tv. It is wonderful. UJ seems to be the guy to beat.

We made a trip up to see my dad for his birthday and had a nice day. Everyone kept staring at Neal not believing how skinny he is! This is really the first trip out of town Neal has made since the accident. We are hoping to make it to the Machovina Christmas this year in December.

UJ, Mom and Mike raked leaves at our house on Tuesday and it did not take more than a day for the yard to be filled with leaves again. Sunday during the Browns half time and after the game, Neal and I did another clean up. We still have one tree that has quite a bit of leaves left. It is wonderful to have Neal outside doing this! This week is busy with dialysis Monday, Wednesday and Friday and physical therapy the other 2 days.

Thanks again to Stacy, Leslie and Mom for driving Neal to dialysis, I really appreciate it. At this point, we do not think Neal will be cleared to drive for 3 months. He should be able to drive after the transplant.

10 comments:

Patty McHenry said...

Hi Neal & Michele! Glad to hear that you had a Happy Thanksgiving! We had a quiet day with Ryan & Leslie and Baby Connor. We were thinking of you too on this special day of thanks.
Love
Patty & Ed

Anonymous said...

Let me know when your ready for a Wii Tennis rematch. I have to get my bowling game up to match you. Sounds like you had a great holiday!

Lusker

Fermented Wisdom said...

Glad to hear you guys had a great holiday! Braved the crowds at Walmart on Black Friday? You guys are truly loved...

Jim & Noelle

Anonymous said...

I figured out why Neal looks so young...he has no facial hair. When Chris shaves his, he looks about 13!

See you on Friday!

S

Anonymous said...

You know, Thanksgiving is a blessed day !!! Stay Strong

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed myself with neal and michele. I know austin enjoyed himslef too. All he talks about how bad he beats Neal in all the sports of Wii and the good sportsmanship Neal shows austin (not) I am not sure who is the worse at that they act the same.

hope you can come for xmas

love denise

Anonymous said...

Hi Neal & Michele,
It’s awesome that you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you two today. Both looking great!

Jim Mc

Anonymous said...

Can you put up some hunky pictures of Neal? Preferably in his slippers?

Anonymous said...

I need to get over there and challenge you guys on the Wii. Since I have never played I am not sure I would be much of a challenger. Glad to hear you guys are keeping busy.

Jen